Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's time for some Canadian music

Lately, I feel like I've been neglecting the talent of my home country. Don't worry Canada, I haven't forgotten about you. I've received many promos regarding new Canadian artists that I've been meaning to blog about but have never gotten around to it until now. So I've put together a list of the top 5 Canadian artists I've been introduced to this month.

Numero un: Said the Whale*
From Where: Vancouver, BC (represent!)
Songs to listen to: This City's a Mess, Puddleglum
Album: Howe Sounds/Taking Abalonia
Label: Pop Machine
Sounds like: West Coast version of Broken Social Scene
Video: This City's a Mess


Numero deux: The D'urbervilles*
From Where: Toronto, ON
Songs to listen to: The Receiver, Hot Tips
Album: We are the hunters
Label: Out of this Spark
Sounds like: Interpol on uppers

Numero trois: The Rural Alberta Advantage
From Where: Alberta
Song to listen to: Frank, AB
Album: Hometowns
Label: Unsigned
Sounds like: Rocky Mountain rock

Numero quatre: Gentleman Reg
From Where: Toronto, ON
Song to listen to: We're in a Thunderstorm
Album: Jet Black
Label: Arts & Crafts
Sounds like: Night Songs
Video: Over My Head


Numero cinq: Fake Shark-Real Zombie*
From Where: Vancouver, BC (yeaaaaaaaaa)
Songs to listen to: Sour Times, Angel Dust
Album: Zebra! Zebra!
Label: Unsigned
Sounds like: Intense acid rock/metal

*Info and downloads for Said the Whale, The D'urbervilles and Fake Shark-Real Zombie are courtesy of The MuseBox

No comments: