Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Remix what?


"remix
1. to mix again.
2. to mix and re-record the elements of (a musical recording) in a different way."

This definition is brought to us by: dictionary.com. Now I will elaborate and add to this definition.

So...I've been obsessed with remixes for a while now. I decided to name this blog "Remixing our Lives" because of obvious reasons: people are constantly remixing, revamping, refreshing their lives. It's what we do. We remix, re-use, re-create almost everything. Remixes are amazing and if they aren't, we learn never to do that kind of remix again.
Sometimes remixes are better than the original, and if not better, they are usually faster, harder and stronger (input Daft Punk reference here).
Now that I've explained my blog's name I will post a couple of remixes that I think are awesome and maybe even better than the originals...

The Knife - We Share Our Mother's Health (Ratatat Remix)

Metric - Monster Hospital (MSTRKRFT Remix)


Gang of Four - I love a man in uniform (Yeah Yeah Yeahs Remix)


Enjoy, please.

No comments: