Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Yuksek - So Down

Yuksek's remix of Mika's "Lollipop" was one of my official summer songs of last year. Since then, I heard a couple more Yuksek remixes, one being Chromeo's "Bonafied Lovin'" and the other, Tommy Sparks "I'm a Rope". And the usual happened; I discovered Yuksek was a sweet remixer. Now, what's his original stuff like? He has Chromeo featured on one of his songs called "So Down" which is pretty sweet. I love when electro DJ's get artists featured on their tracks. And from what I've heard so far, his original stuff is as excellent as his remixes (fyi: you can stream most of his remixes on his myspace).

To be honest, this garçon named Pierre-Alexandre Busson (Yuksek's real name) is a DJ/producer that deserves a little more recognition. His new album, Away From the Sea, was released at the beginning of this month in the UK and Europe (I'm not so sure about the North American release date yet). You can check out his song "So Down" and the video for his song "Tonight" below (which are both featured on the new album).

Yuksek - So Down (feat. Chromeo)



No comments: