Monday, February 2, 2009

N.A.S.A.

North America South America (N.A.S.A.) is a producer/DJ duo that consists of Dj Zegon and Squeak E. Clean. They have gathered some of the world's most unique musical artists and made them collaborate on one album, The Spirit of Apollo. Some of these artists include: Lykke Li, Tom Waits, Karen O, Santogold, M.I.A., John Frusciante, Kanye West (just to name a few). The name, North America South America, was chosen because it seemed to portray the collaborated spirit of the music well.
The Spirit of Apollo will be released February 17th. So far, N.A.S.A. seems to be completely genius. Collaborations are awesome, especially when they are between artists that I thought would never work together before. From all the songs I've heard so far, it seems each artist brings their own persona to each song which definitely keeps things interesting.

You can check out a good majority of their songs on Myspace. Or you can check out "Gifted" below. I can't get enough of this one; I have it on repeat.

N.A.S.A. - Gifted (Feat. Kanye West, Lykke Li and Santogold)


Thank you to MS for introducing me

No comments: