Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We're looking for a lot of love

"Every time that we walk the streets / I try my best to keep up with the beat"


I wish I could get my hands on the Hot Chip album with Robert Wyatt and Geese. I've heard the remix of "We're Looking for a lot of Love" and I can't stop listening to it today. This could be due to the rain and excessive amounts of commuting. But either way, it's a really good remix that you should check out. When comparing it to the original, the Geese remix has less of an obvious drumbeat to it. The original has a pretty steady, subtle beat throughout the whole song. But this makes the remix slower and, I think, more emotional. Robert Wyatt's voice seems to attribute more passion and meaning to the song as well. Check it out for yourselves.

Hot Chip with Robert Wyatt - We're looking for a lot of love (Geese Remix)

No comments: