Monday, October 20, 2008

Boys Noize knows how to remix

Boys Noize is comprised of one and only one person, Alex Ridha. Coming out of Germany while developing his own record label (Boysnoize Records), this guy was apparently ready for success at a young age (Wikipedia claims that he started producing music when he was 16).

I first encountered Boys Noize last spring. I downloaded a remix he did of Feist's "My Moon My Man" and fell in love with it. The remix extends the song into a blissful dance promenade. I used to listen to this song a lot while walking to and from work.

Feist - My Moon My Man (Boys Noize Remix)

Then, I encountered Boys Noize's remix of Sébastien Tellier (which I have already blogged about). "L'amour et la Violence" was already an amazing song but Boys Noize gave it a steady beat while maintaining the song's overall ambiance.

Sébastian Tellier - L'amour et la Violence (Boys Noize Remix)


And today, I found a Boys Noize remix of Justice's "Phantom Part II". Justice is definitely a band that doesn't "need" their stuff remixed but when other artists like Boys Noize pull it off well, these remixes are pleasing to the body and ears.

Justice - Phantom Pt. II (Boys Noize Remix)

No comments: