Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happiness

"Time stops still when you've lost love"

It's hard to believe that I just got into this song. I heard Metronomy's remix of it last year and loved that. At the time, I hadn't heard many good things about Goldfrapp so I did the worst thing possible and didn't check them out for myself. Thanks to hanging out at HMV, I heard the original being played in the electronic section. After that, I got my hands on Goldfrapp's latest album, Seventh Tree, and now, I can't stop listening to "Happiness."

I love her voice in this song. Especially when she sings the bridge and the chorus; it's almost like her voice is part of some eerie, truthful draft that passes by. I also feel like this song would be really good in a musical. It makes me want to dance in sequence with a group of people down the street. How cool is that?

Goldfrapp - Happiness

And here's the Metronomy remix, which is also really good.

Goldfrapp - Happiness feat. the Teenagers (Metronomy remix)

No comments: