Sunday, January 10, 2010

Colouring of Pigeons

After listening to the song "Colouring of Pigeons" once, I was extremely intrigued of where, when and why it was created. Apparently, The Knife collaborated with Mt. Sims and Planningtorock and produced an album for an opera based on Darwin's book, On the Origin of the Species. The album is called Tomorrow, In A Year and will be released on March 1st. And if the rest of the album is like this song, I'm really excited for it.

The song starts out with drums that make you feel like you're lost in a dimly lit forest. Then, opera voices in short tones come in. This is where I thought, "uh, what is going on?" But I got really into it soon after the voices came in; the voices went along to beat of the song really well and I was trapped in it.

There is more information on Tomorrow, In A Year located on The Knife's website.

In the meanwhile, check out "Colouring of Pigeons"

The Knife - Colouring of Pigeons

No comments: