Monday, December 29, 2008

Did you take tram #7 to heaven?

Oh yes, I did.

It's been difficult trying to keep my blog up-to-date with new music while travelling the south of Sweden. To be honest, I'm liking Sweden. I really enjoyed Gothenburg; their diverse shopping and easily accessible transit could be potential reasons for this. I was told that the transit system in Gothenburg was a lot better than Vancouver's. At first, I took offense to this but I soon realized this statement was very true.
One of my friends who is currently travelling with me told me that Jens Lekman wrote the song, "Tram #7 to Heaven", about one of the best trams to ride in Gothenburg (I say "one of the best" because tram number seven took me from where I was staying to downtown very easily).
Jens Lekman isn't new, but he's pretty nice to listen to and has deep roots in Sweden; hence the existence of this song and other songs like, "The Cold Swedish Winter".

Splendid Interview with Lekman

Jens Lekman - Tram #7 to Heaven (live)

No comments: